Signature Luncheon: Cassius Butts
Date and Time
Tuesday May 16, 2023
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM EDT
1 Galambos Way
Sandy Springs, GA 30328
Table of 8: $320
Registration Sponsor: $500
Exclusive Presenting Sponsor: $3,000 (1 Max.)
Registration required. Registration closes on Monday, 05/15 at Noon or when attendance limit is met. No refunds will be given for no-shows or cancellations, nor the transferring of ticket purchases to future events.
SPONSORSHIPS: Series Sponsorships are available, please contact Lena Liebrecht for more information.
PRE-REGISTRATION: Registration required. Registration closes on Monday, 05/15 at Noon or when attendance limit is met. No refunds will be given for no-shows or cancellations, nor the transferring of ticket purchases to future events.
PHOTO/VIDEO RELEASE: By attending this event, photographs and videos of the event and individuals will be public and possibly used in future marketing for the Sandy Springs Perimeter Chamber and its associates.
COMMUNICATIONS: By providing your email address to the Chamber, you are acknowledging that we may send you periodic news, updates, and event information via email. You can withdraw your email by unsubscribing at any time.
Cassius F. Butts Presents "Exceptional: The Keys To Being The Exception To The Rule"
About Cassius Butts:
Atlanta's own, Cassius Butts, economic development advisor, business strategist, and new author, has expert tips to help people who are in the job market or who are interested in changing careers. He will also speak to current topics happening right now-
*New site plans submitted by Tyler Perry Studios & TD Jakes REV Group for Fort Mac Redevelopment
*Buckhead City Push And Its Economic Impact
*New Hyundai Plant With 400 New jobs in GA And other New Business coming Atlanta and the State
Cassius F. Butts is a nationally known trusted advisor, executive, and serial entrepreneur. He has spent his career owning his own firm, leading and working for financial institutions or U. S. government agencies all throughout the past 25 years. Cassius has served as an official to four presidential administrations, leading efforts in the economics/finance, housing, and small business sectors. In 2019, he co-hosted the inaugural White House Opportunity Zone & Revitalization Council summit held in Atlanta. During his two-year assignment as an executive in residence at the Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University, the College achieved the #2 national ranking as "The Most Innovative College/University in 2018, according to U. S. News & World Reports. In light of the Great Resignation, where people are leaving their old jobs to take on new roles that are more in line with their goals and aspirations, and at a time when, although unemployment is low, the Federal Reserve has indicated that there are more jobs available than qualified workers, Cassius advice includes 5 exceptional tips for navigating today's job market and landing the job or career that you desire:
● Find Your Passion - We spend more than half of our waking hours at work. Don't just take a job for a wage, pursue what you actually get excited about doing.
● Believe in Yourself - Confidence is key when looking for a new job. When you show up as confident, it makes you look more competent.
● Set Goals - What do you want your next 3 - 5 years of life to look like. Find a job or a career that can move you closer to your goals in life.
● Have an Intern's Mentality - I learned this tip for Sean Combs! The idea of working in a role with the goal of gaining experience that you can later leverage and turn into a better opportunity will give you a better perspective when it comes to seeing and seizing opportunities.
● Planting Seeds - Build relationships at every stage of your career. You can grow faster and go further with good people in your corner.
These tips are taken straight from his new book, Exceptional: Being the Exception to the Rule. Recently featured on HGTV's Married to Real Estate, Butts knows a thing or two about finding your passion and pursuing your purpose.