An Italian Wine Journey in Sicily and the Veneto
Presented by Scott Carter of Leonardo LoCascio Selections
We will be tasting:
- Zenato Lugana di San Benedetto DOC - a beautiful crisp white wine from the Veneto, made from the Trebbiano grape.
- Zenato Valpolicella Classico Superiore DOC - a lighter style red wine primarily made from the Corvina grape.
- Zenato Ripassa Valpolicella Superiore DOC - often called a baby Amarone….at a fraction of the price!
- Zenato Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG - Wine Spectator 93 points! A hard-to-find beautiful red, silky wine with a long finish.
- Tasca Lamuri Nero d’Avola DOC - a delicious red wine from Sicily that is absolutely perfect for red sauce pasta dishes and lamb.
- Tasca Grillo DOC- a refreshing white wine made in Sicily from the Grillo grape which is used to make another wine you may have heard of!
It’s a family affair with both the Zenato Winery and the Tasca d’Almerita Winery.
When Zenato was founded in the Veneto in1960 by Sergio and Carla Zenato, the focus was originally based on the production of quality wines from an indigenous varietal, Trebbiano di Lugana. Over time, the winery has been passed to Sergio and Carla’s children, who have maintained and expanded upon that vision. Zenato is committed to producing affordable wine of exceptional quality.
Tasca d’Almerita has a long and distinguished winemaking history. Count Giuseppe Tasca d’Almerita was a lover of French wines and was convinced that Sicily could make a wine that was every bit as good as those of the southern Rhône in France, and he set out to do just that! As a result of Count Giuseppe’s hard work over the past 50 years, all the wines of Tasca d’Almerita are celebrated worldwide for their outstanding value and prestigious history. Count Giuseppe’s son, Count Lucio, is now president of the family-run winery, and his two sons, Giuseppe and Alberto, serve as vice-president and managing director, respectively.