Fine Wines from the Mondavi Family
Don’t miss the very special tasting with Folio Fine Wine Partners, owned by the Mondavi family…where wine has been “in the family” for 4 generations. Cesare Mondavi, an Italian immigrant, established a grape growing business in Lodi, California during Prohibition. His son, the famed Robert Mondavi, later started his own winery with Michael, his eldest son. Michael Mondavi's belief was that the best wines in the world would be made by wineries that were family-owned and family-managed. And thus Folio Fine Wine Partners was born! The tradition continues as “Rob,” son of Michael, is now involved in the family business as well. Come learn the history and taste the incredible wines from a family that’s serious about winemaking! Robert Mondavi and family helped establish California as the premier winegrowing region it is today!
Give us a heads up you’ll be joining us by registering on the link!
We will be tasting:
- Isabel Rosé – Aromas of strawberry, cranberry and ripe pear with a long, crisp finish. Named after Michael Mondavi’s wife.
- Oberon Chardonnay – An intense marriage of spicy, tasty oak with apple, melon, fig and pear flavors. Wine Spectator 89 points.
- Oberon Cabernet Sauvignon – Supple tannins and vibrant black cherry, with beautiful spice. A hint of dark chocolate and coffee. James Suckling 91 points. A Savvy Cellars’ bestseller and a great buy!
- Emblem Cabernet Sauvignon - Rich cherry, dark berry, and cassis flavors, with subtle nuances of toasted vanilla and toffee. Wilfred Wong 91 points. A prime example of a fantastic Napa Cabernet.
- Animo Cabernet Sauvignon - Heady aromas of blackberries, crushed pecans and cocoa along with fine and polished tannins. This wine is perfect to drink now or will age gracefully over the next 30 years. Robert Parker 94 points.
- M by Michael Mondavi– A prestigious Cabernet Sauvignon reminiscent of the Cabernets from the Mondavi’s from the 60’s and 70’s. Unmatched richness, elegance and harmony. James Suckling 96 points.